coral and ich

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Infantry1327, Apr 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

Stick with Nori.. Its a tangs main food in the wild why try to substitute when you can buy algea in stores. Tangs are cows of the sea for nori algea lol

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Get minced garlic from the store, and just use the juice from that. $2 a jar ;) Even with the employee discount I dont think you will beat that buying Kent's ;)
    Pic up some frozen mysis as well. Also, raw broccoli does wonders for tangs.

4. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

Yea I heard about the broccoli and I was planning on getting mysis. But I didn't know about the minced garlic. Thats great. Thanks

5. freyre

freyre Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

you you dont have to by noding spensive just get one clouf of natural garlic cut it in half just use one have cut it in litle aboute 1mm bite size and feed this to your fish one a day for two days and avery other day after put tempeture at 84 plase be bery carefule if you have corals... in till the ich is gone... after that one a month to keep fish heldy if you dont want to put temp to hi hust ajust to 82... befor i had a ich out brak e last week one i got up and my powder brown tang had ich and by noon then my brown scopa by afternoon my clound and this is what a did i like to use natural produts

6. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

I have also read to slowly bring down your salinity. Ich needs salt to survive.. So if you bring your salinity down a little it can't survive.

7. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

Another treatment option for marine ich is to decrease the salinity of the water (1.009-1.010). A low salinity environment will kill the parasite and is harmless for most fish. You should keep the low salinity for 2-3 weeks. If you use this method it is important not to raise the salinity too quickly once the treatment is done. This method is not suitable if you keep invertebrates in your tank and some fish species will not tolerate it.Marine Ich