Urgent copper band bfly freak out !!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by loneracer05, Jun 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

i got a copperband bfly on fri.hes from a guy that gets wholesale fish and you have to take them the day they come in in thier shipping bag. hes about 5 inches long and in a 20gallon long qt by himself. their is 6 or 7 plastic decorations about 1/4 inch of sand all "new".i put 1 piece of LR in the tank about 8 lbs with about 75 aptaisa on it. the only fish that have seen this tank are 5 mollys i used to keep it cycled.no mediications have ever been added or anything.the tank is about 3 months old.the poor guy is freaking out smashing into all the walls of the tank. he has no visible signs of disease on him.he is not eating yet.one of the less knowledgeable lfs employees said i may have to euthinise it :(. he has been doing this since i got him( was flopping in the bag alot aswell.

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I'm not sure exactly what's wrong with him. My interpretation would be extreme stress from being collected from the ocean, shipped and now being in a small space. Just my idea.

Is there any way you can make his tank really dark? And see if that calms him down?

I hope he can calm down and get through this.

4. loneracer05

hes freaking out bouncing off the walls if he keeps it up much longer i think hes gonna kill himself

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Can you make his tank dark? And see if that helps calm him down.

6. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

try keeping the tank dark. maybe that will help.

7. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

i didn't refresh. woops

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Wholesale, but you have to take it in the bag it was shipped in? Sounds like the fish fell off the truck.

Keep the tank dark and take the rock out. Give him as much space as possible.

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I don't think it's wise to QT this fish in such a small tank. It will be extremely stressful for the fish. You need to give him more room.

11. loneracer05

the lights have been off since i acclimated him... the guy use to sell wholesale to fish stores but he since gave it up and now sells wholesale to the locals,we have a few ppl that do it here. he has a 2 day guarantee. i put stress coat in and the tank has a coralife skimmer on it aswell and a hob filter just running floss

12. loneracer05

i wish i could put him in a larger tank but all i have is the DT and if this is some kind of disease i dont want it to spread... and if he croaks he can find a hard spot to get to in the tank im sure