Conversion Help: FW to SW

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Manny_World, Dec 26, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

MW, keep doing your research and asking for the advice- sounds like you're on to a great start! From the OP, you are off to a good start to be sucessful.
    OFK's and others help too.

With a little success in going from FW to SW- you will never leave the Dark Side!

Do or Do not, there is no try.- Yoda

2. Click Here!

3. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

You can always use a rubbermaid tuff guy tub for the sump too. Todd has a video of his. I basically modeled mine after his and I have had ZERO issues since switching over to a sump. Many other issues to list but the sump is great!

4. Manny_World

Manny_World Astrea Snail

Thanks! I got to the store and common sense hit me. 29 gallon is ~18.75 inches tall. My cabinet is 28 inches tall but I only have 22.25 inches from the bottom to the top of the door opening. 4.5 inches is no where near enough room for me to do any type of maintenance. On a good note, I scored a 20 gallon long with some silicone. Also got a skimmer today too! Up next, Home Depot or Lowes for some baffles. ;D

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

woo hoo!! I think you will be happy with your decision.

6. Manny_World

Manny_World Astrea Snail

Thanks. It feels like my head is about to explode with knowledge. I'm sure my wife get tired of me being on the computer 80% of the time researching equipment and methods. Feel like I'm in school again. Plus, I got a chance to teach two people something new at Petco this morning (one being an employee). Feel good to be able to help people.

7. Manny_World

Manny_World Astrea Snail

Oh I am. Can't wait to get the baffles.