conditions suitable?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Decembermouse, Aug 14, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Decembermouse

Decembermouse Astrea Snail

Right... I'm a biology major, I've done this stuff before. Good times. I thought about using a more complicated explanation for the Nitrogen cycle in saltwater aquaria, but decided 'eat' was easier to both type and understand.

We have yet to decide on a type of LR, I'll get more information that as soon as I can. We're talking 110gal, all told.

2. Click Here!

3. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

oh i know what u guys are saying about other boards. thats where i was told to take out my sponge from the filter. their still telling me to do that. i don't think so. i will wean it out in future when my tank is more stable. i love this forum as no one seems to bite anyones heads off. don't know which forum you are talking about...maybe the same one.

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Cool beans!!!

Pick what you like the looks of. LR is made of CaCO3 and is extremely porous. That provides TONS of surface area for bacterial biofilms. If you held a gun to my head, I couldn't tell you which type is the most porous. At a certain point, there is diminishing returns.

Nemo,

Matt doesn't allow personal attacks so you can ask any question you want. It doesn't really matter what forum we were discussing....it just matters that it wasn't 3reef.

5. Decembermouse

Decembermouse Astrea Snail

I haven't been to other reef/saltwater forums but I'm glad this is the first one I've found, I love this place!