Concept Reef: What would you want to see?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Seano Hermano, Apr 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Looks nice, but I still maintain you should outsourse fabrication to a cabinetmaker. You could still do all the designs. As for knowing where the overflows are, it could be center, dual corner, corner....I would just drill it per customer asking. Also for plumbing, the person may want to have a closed loop or seaswirl or whatever. I think it would be better to let the customer do that him/herself, unless they ask for help which you could offer.

2. Click Here!

3. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

My stand has a similar setup, it rusted... I cleaned it, but be careful, you don't want screws and fittings rusting after 2 months

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I don't dude, these kit designs would be very easy to build.

5. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Okay, your choice. They do look quite easy to do. Have you weight tested any prototypes. I'm not buying it unless I know it'll support 700+ pounds of 55 gallon mixed reef.

6. Seano Hermano

Another change to my logo. This one s pretty cool. The simple, bold face font looks crip and modern. The fish and coral are smaller, drawing emphasis to the title. The slogan font is changed too. I added a gradient to all the lettering as well.
    [​IMG]

7. Seano Hermano

Not yet, but I will. When I build the first one I will have it on here to show, with weights on top. If it fails, I will show that too, along with improvements made. They must be strong. if I get sued I will be screwed.

8. Click Here!

9. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Could you bychance put up a stand from behind showing bracing?Also, do you have materials, specs, minimum raw material costs, commercial accounts with suppliers etc. set up? IMHO, these things need to be sorted before you start making the T-shirts.

10. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I just noticed this thread, good luck bro.

one thought "turning dreams into reality"

11. Seano Hermano

I can get a shot of framing for you in a bit. The all white stand above, would be 0.5" poplar (like all Concept Reef aquarium stands). The top and bottom are made out of torsion boxes(kind of like a ladder within two main side. All 6 sides of the box would be closed), which are tremendously strong when glued together.

Poplar is strong and often used in making furniture where the grain won't be seen.

The two stands which look heavier will probably be a torsion box frame(top peace, and 2 sides and back) with an outside skin.

12. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Is concept reef actually registered?