Complete tank Upgrade

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by rc_mcwaters3, Jan 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

so I felt it was time for a small update on what I have going on with this SLOW SLOW
    build ;D

so in the process of learning and understanding I have made a few changes. in the filtration dept. since I wanted a really really heavy bioload I traded for a really good skimmer, and will be running Ecobak as well as a UV light. the sump was downsized from a talller bigger tank to a shorter smaller one, more for ease of matiance and to make it easyer for me and my wife to both work on the tank.

for the lighting dept., It will be a diy kit but from where as of right now I dont quite know but it will be cheeper than the bulbs and more fun to put togther.

as for the tank as a whole I still have alot to get for it and this will be a really really slow build that probably wont get to see any attention untile christmas and in january, but if its worth doing its worth doing right.

got the HOB overflow for a steal=15.00

[​IMG]

a heater at 400 watts for=5.00 bucks at petsmart LOL

[​IMG]

a 25 watt UV light and a 30 gallon sump=55.00

[​IMG]

mag 9.5 pump= traded led light

aquamedic dosing pump= 15.00

[​IMG]

and my favorite trade the biggest skimmer I have ever owned= traded leds, and t5 light

[​IMG]

shot of the new sump

[​IMG]

I wont be using bubble traps since space is so limited but thats as long of a tank as I can fit into the stand so it will have to work.

thanks to all 3reefers for the great gear and all the infroation to help with this build ;D