Common IDs

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by crappyballer, Nov 16, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Zectra

Zectra Feather Duster

Sweet Id's thanks a bunch!

4. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Stomatella Varia
    [​IMG]
    Very beneficial, grazes on many forms of algae and can reproduce very fast, can form a free clean up crew. Look like slugs, but actually have flat oval shaped shells. Very common hitch hiker on live rock and corals.

5. morau89

morau89 Fire Shrimp

Thanks i was just searching all over the net for an id on some things and finally found them here.

6. peeksandleaks

peeksandleaks Plankton

Hello every one. I am a new guy here. This is my first question.
    1st, I have a 75 gal tank with crushed coral as my base, about 70 lbs of live rock, a 20 gal wet dry filter with a skimmer. I still have a Emeror 400 filter running. The tank has 8 small tester fish with 2 clowns. It has been up and running for 4 months now. Water test have been good so far.
    Q. 1. late at night I use my flash light to look in the tank, I see these little creatures in the bottom of the crushed corals. They have 2 antenna and they wiggle in and out of the bottom. I dont have any pictures of them to further help. What could this be and are they bad?

7. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

Beneficial copepods and amphipods. Just means your tank is maturing and things are going well.

8. Click Here!

9. peeksandleaks

peeksandleaks Plankton

WOW!!!!!!! That was a fast answer. I didn't think it would be so fast. Thank you very much. Can you help me out in choosing lighting. I have read so many different things on lighting, but I dont want to make a costly mistake and get stuck with something I dont really need. This is a lesson learned from my many of things I had to put in the garage since I have started this hobby. Most of the stores I have been to, before doing my home work, were just trying to make the sale. Please help.

10. reefwisperer

reefwisperer Feather Duster

excellent thread here very informative and ID'd a lot of little creatures for me i guess my tank is doing good cause there is many of these in it. thanks for the info keep the good stuff coming.

11. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

do you know of any other sponge hitchikers?

12. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel