Colt coral fragging!

Discussion in 'Frags' started by JohnnyBoy, Dec 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I have had great luck attaching all kinds of leather using a needle and thread. I sew the base to a rock in an X pattern, then after a few weeks I cut the thread and pull it out.

2. Click Here!

3. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Every time I used the bridal veil I would loose several frags, I assume from the fact that there isn't enough water flowing through the Veil. I much prefer the thread Idea.

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I can see the thread idea working on kenya or, a leather. But, colt is kinda like xenia.

5. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

What shocked me is that the colt is almost impossible to kill too.. but I have heard about it from 3 different guys locally so I went with the fishing line. Worked really well for us, no complaints yet and my biocube has a bunch of lil frags as a result. ;)

-fritts

6. JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Purple Spiny Lobster

I tried 1 stalk with the vail and it disintegrated! I was surprised as the Colt is a very hardly coral IMO.

7. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

with most softies i just lay them in course sand/gravel in just low enough flow that they don't blow away.after they attach to enough sand and gravel that it weights them down,i can then set them anywhere i want them and they will stay till they grow onto the rock i place them on.i have used this method on mushrooms,xenia,and colt.

8. Click Here!

9. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

Any updates?

-fritts