colt coral closed up

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by John Alston, Dec 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. John Alston

John Alston Astrea Snail

my colt coral has closed up in the last 24 hours. i've not changed anything. any ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

As long as your parameters are OK and everything else is good I would give it some time. My Kenya tree which is just like a colt does it occasionally then a day or so later it will open back up and be just fine.

4. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Hi, that strikes me as intriguing, some one mentioned their Toadstools have been "closed" and/or shedding and it is taking longer than normal and my two toadstools are going through the same thing. The other person said when they went to pick up some supplies they looked at the Toads in the LFS and they were doing the same thing and the LFS guy said maybe it had something to do with the lunar cycle. Now, starting yesterday, my Colt is not all the way shrunk down but it is only half of normal inflation. The mystery is on....

5. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Full moon maybe????

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

They will do that and then open up once again. Possibly going through detritus/algae removal from their polyps!