Color change after adding a Calcium Reactor

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Covey, Feb 21, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Well for all 6 of us with calcium reactors I as wondering if you noticed and changes in coral health or coloration after you switched. Everything in my tank is growing better since the switch. Which was kinda excepted with the far more stable parameter in the tank but somethings did surprise me. For one the few softy I have seem to be happier with better polyp extension. The other was a few of my SPS coral started fluorescing better. The most obvious was my Monti danae which show a green fluorescents that it just hinted at before the switch. If I can find a before pic I will post some before and after pics.

I am wondering what your experiences where went you switched?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good post. In a few weeks time I've noticed my montipora digitata that got decimated six months ago is coming back big time - purple and furry with happy polyps.

My hammer and anchor do seem to be extending well.

I've seen some new growth on some of my acros. Others are fair but I am between halides right now for a couple weeks until my new one comes in the mail, so I expect the others to rebound.

I'm seeing major coraline on the glass now.

On the downside, I've had a couple pumps jam! Nothing vinegar couldn't fix, but I was amazed how gunked up they were.

4. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Is a calcium reactor the way to go over say dosing with kalkwasser? How expensive are they? can you get away with a small sized one. How big for a 75-125 gal. tank? What brand is the best for the money?
    thanks in advance!!!!

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Coralreefer those really are subjects for another thread. THis one is about observations after adding one. ;) :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006