Coild Denitrator Question

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Hoverman, Dec 28, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Hoverman

Hoverman Astrea Snail

so then the flow should be barely a stream?

2. Click Here!

3. mm2002

mm2002 Feather Duster

I really don't care who you are, or how long you've been keeping aquariums. What I posted wasn't really a direct stab at you as a person either, it was more of a generalization of people with the attitude that aquatic life forms are "disposable", and if you kill it, no biggie. My apologies if I took that statement out of context, it really wasn't personal.

I just got back into reef keeping about a year ago, but I have about 25 years experience in marine aquariums in general. I've pretty much seen, tried, and heard it all. I'm also an avid scuba diver, and truly cherish the reefs of the world. The "disposable" attitude is what I see tearing down what's taken nature millions of years to build. I guess I get a tad offensive by small comments that rub my fir the wrong way!:)

It's all good.

4. JasonSquared

JasonSquared Spaghetti Worm

Yes at the point where the drops are almost separated..

5. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

pH and O2 work hand in hand. denitrators work with low O2. Ca reactors work with low pH. dual chamber Ca reactors dissolve excess CO2. how many chambers will make the Ca reactor act as a denitrator?

6. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

Tangster swears by coil denitrators. I've never used one personally, but i do think nothing ventured nothing gained. Im always adding stuff to my filters to see what happens.
    At the moment im going to try Seachem Matrix - if it doesnt work, it will be a bio filter. So i've not lost anything if it doesnt

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I don't swear by them I just know they work and to avoid being accused of rambling I'll be brief anyone who would say a simple coiled denitrater is unsafe never used one anyone who worries about the speed or drip rate never used one Mine run at a vary fast dribble .. You hear a lot of mess from those who never used one.. All I can say they are to simple and effective to bring to market on a commercial level so they just won't tell you about them..

I have used them since 75 and never a issue and I was one of the first in my local crew to rid My exotic F/O tank of algae.. Low levels of 10 ppm or less is nothing to worry about Clams and most all soft corals feed on them..
    But anyone who ever went with the coil found out it works and did not require all the worry they had read about.. Tried of fighting ? Get a coil problem solved Lot easier then a DSB :) as we know they did not work as advertised any time they where resurrected .