clowns!

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by nemo1991, Mar 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

ok so right now i have a 55 gallon with 50 pounds of life rock, 2 false percula clowns, a blue damsel, and a 4 striped damsel, and a couple corals, i am buying 90 more pounds of live rock and the guy who is selling me it is throwing in 2 black saddle pack percula clowns, i am only going to add like 20 or 25 more pounds to my exsisting system because i do not want to over run it, but i am storing the live rock until i get a bigger system like 90 or 100 gallons, um i was wondering if the 2 sets of clowns would be fine, the black ones are coming from a 29 gallon cube tank that had 90 pounds of live rock in it, so there territory cant be too much ahha, will it be fine???

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

It is hard to say but I would be willing to say that you will encounter aggression between the Clowns and the Humbug(4 stripe) Damsel as well!
    Where are you storing the other live rock and for how long?

4. italymanru

italymanru Astrea Snail

try rearranging some rocks in the tank... or just by adding the new rocks in it should lower all their aggression because the fish in there already will lose their existing areas and they will all look for new ones... i know the false can be kept with some but i think clowns are generally aggressive towards other clowns... and those damsels are def gonna be getting in the mix... karma

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Bad idea to add all of these fish to a tank that small I see stress issues from all the infighting and chasing.. Maybe if you filled the hold entire tank with rock work ? But The False Percs. will feel the saddle backs bite no pun intended and the 4 strip is a killer in plain clothes .. He will rule that tank unless the clowns pair off .. Good luck I hope I'm wrong ..

6. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

well i woke up this mornin and the 4 stripe was dead stuck to the pwerhead ahha, so that wont be much of a problem any more, um the blue and the 2 exsisting clowns are completely fine and the 2 clowns generally just stay together and mind there own buisness ahah

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Sorry for your losses!!!!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Ditto,as baugherb stated, sorry for your loss. Luna