Clowns not eating

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Kristiavi, Apr 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

I bought pellets today and the smallest clown went crazy eating them but the bigger one of the two still wont eat... gonna try the shrimp idea tomorrow

2. Click Here!

3. VooDoo

VooDoo Fire Shrimp

My fish were reluctant to eat and I made my own mix. I use...Emerald entree,frozen mysis and vitamin enriched brine, blood worms, and a few other frozed odds and ends. I take all the frozen foods and put them in a small Tupperware and let them thaw. Put some garlic extract in with a bit of phytoplankton. Thin it down with some tank water and mix it all up. Use a syringe (without needle) and suck up what you want! You have total control over how much goes in the tank and clean up is a breeze!

1 person likes this.
  4. Kristiavi

Thats an awesome idea, do you leave them thawed or re freeze everyday? and is phytoplankton in a bottle? Not sure ive seen it before =] Thanks!

5. VooDoo

VooDoo Fire Shrimp

Yes the plankton is bottled and I dont freeze it every night I just leave it in the tupperware and keep it in the fridge ;) and your welcome :D

6. VooDoo

VooDoo Fire Shrimp

Forgot to add the phytoplankton is by kent marine. I'm sure there are others but thats just the one I use!

7. Kristiavi

Your awesome! I tried the idea and it really worked! All my fish ate it and were happy. Thank you so much! I like the syringe idea because I can squirt it in whatever side of the tank they are in and it doesnt just sink to the bottom before they see it. I can do a small enough amount that works out great for my fish. I will deffinately be recommending this idea to my friends.

8. Click Here!

9. VooDoo

VooDoo Fire Shrimp

You are very welcome!! Im glad I could help :D