Clowns have cloudy eyes

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Mar 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

they got it on sunday i didnt worry about it at first because they were acting fine but then yesterday they started to get a black film over their eyes and now today its pretty bad

i really think it is Brook. i guess there is once again nothing that i can do to help these guys :( just like when my mccoskers jumped it was at night so i couldnt help him and my pink margin was in such bad shape i couldnt help her now these guys :(

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Just treat the entire system with Mardel Laboratories Maracyn 1 and let it be for a few months and allow what will live to live and allow the weaker to simply die out . I think after seeing all you problem threads that you are pushing the tank way above and beyond its physical capabilities and your experience level . Over stocking a new system to fast is like feeding a horse we t feed or skipping feedings they will either collic or founder and once they founder they are never the same no matter how good of a ferrier you have .

2 people like this.
  4. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

ditto.

5. slocal

slocal Doot!

Total words of wisdom. I'm glad Tang stopped in this thread

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok thanks ill look for the maracyn

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

There are differing theories on using an antibiotic; some people think it will kill off all the bacteria in the tank, including good bacteria....so your live rock, sand, etc. Others think it will be fine.

If you're going to use Maracyn, use Maracyn II at the same time, because one is for gram negative bacteria and the other is for gram positive. Since you don't know what the fish have, you don't know what antibiotic you need. So just treat with both.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Also, I'm not convinced its brook., but instead a bacterial infection.

Do they have white fuzz looking patches on their bodies? Are they breathing hard?

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i guess fuzzy patches is how you can describe it its not spread out like ick but theres multiple patches of white throughout the body i have noticed the female clown breathing hard and she's been at the bottom of the tank all day, actually she's been hiding in the same spot that blossom was

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

and ill get both when i can

12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

okay, yeah then it does sound like brook. I was thinking they were little with dots, but patches sounds like brook. Bummer.

1 person likes this.