Clowns have cloudy eyes

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Mar 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea im thnking you guys are right sounds like Brooklynella theiy were still eating as of last night hopefully they will remain eating, but then again they didnt have the cloudy eyes yesterday

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I don't want to alarm you but..IMO if it is brooklynella w/o qt and treatment you'll lose them for sure.:( If they stop eating it's too late.

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

there is no way that i will be able to setup a QT i checked up on them, the female is swimming at the bottom she's usually all over the tank, the male is swimming but he now has shredded fins

i feel like all of my livestock is dying off and i cant do anything to help

6. FISH NEWB

FISH NEWB Astrea Snail

my clowns use to get cloudy eyes in my other tank but it was because they would rub up against the glass, but never got sick or stopped eating. sorry to hear about your loss.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks these guys have never rubbed up on anything im thinking these two will die next :(

8. Click Here!

9. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Sorry PC. I feel for you:( and your fish:(:(

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

do you think their pretty much gone at this point :(

if they die on me this would leave me with two fish my last pink margin female who has white specks on her head and a chromis who i plan to try to catch because he's extremly aggressive

this is like a week of death, can these kind of infections spread this fast and just kill the fish one by one?

11. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

you said they have been sick for a few days? that prolly means its not brooklynella then because a brooklynella infection means death in 18-48 hours :-/

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I don't want to say because I really don't know if it truely is Brook. From your description it sounds like it is. And if it is..yes they will die w/o treatment.
    In all the reading I've done I came across the name of man who has been in the saltwater hobby longer than I've been alive. He is uber knowledgable on marine disease particularly those most related to anemone fish. His name is Lee Birch. Even though I've never had to deal with this disease but since I have clowns I read his write ups and asked him questions. I can't tell you how to get ahold of him because when I found him it was on a competitor site. You can google his name.
    His recommendation for this disease is QT and formalin dips being the best. I really wish I could help you more.:(