Clowns flashing & jerking their heads

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Beaker11, Apr 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

It's highly possible that they are trying to host your intake tube. Ours have tried to host in our magfloat before. And before that, it was our hair algae. Now they just hang out in their corner and twitch when they complain :p

2. Click Here!

3. madcat12

madcat12 Plankton

I know this is an old post but i never did find any resolution/possible treatment...
    So if you dont mind ill reopen the discussion, i have a bit of old knowledge, was looking for something new...
    Im having the same symptoms on my 2 black percs and an pseudo chromis (bicolor). It started a few weeks back with the pseudo-chromis, first and only addition to my new setup. He did well for about 10 days and he began to twitch, and rub his nose on the corals. He then went into hiding for 4 or 5 days. i thought he was dead :cry:... so i stepped out on a limb and bought the 2 black percs and a few tiny inverts to test the waters so to speak. As soon as i let the clowns out of the bag the chromis comes out of hiding, checking out the new tank mates. He was very thin and discolored, although begging for food. :confused: the clowns ate within 3 hours of arrival, the water conditions near perfect for a new setup...
    So now its been about 10 days and the chromis is getting fatter but twitching again and the clowns are doing the same shaking head twitch, they also do the courting jitter and flashing the tails at each other among other "Twitching/Jerking" movements that seem normal behavior and at the same time this "Itching Twitch" as i call it, that is Clearly Not Normal behavior. My suspicion is also Gill Flukes. My question is, Do you think with maintaining an High water quality, long enough for the fish to naturally fend them off with a bit of time? or will the flukes do to much damage without treatment? And outside of copper is there an better treatment you guys might suggest? or Maybe just pull the fish for 20 days and nuke um with copper in a 10 gallon tank...
    Im getting my video and pics of the setup ready for my post, New Wave Aquariums, just have a few more tweaks before its ready. Low budget, Hi Quality results, featuring ATS and Surg Action made simple. Just dont laugh to hard, i had to Fight for EVERY square INCH of space ive got. Its a Hoot no doubt!

thnx everybody.. such a great group here! TTYL
    Madcat12