Clownfish in corner

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by thestranger66, Feb 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

Mine also hang in one corner mainly. Unless I go by the tank, then they think its feeding time, then they come to the top and bob in/out of the water. Such cool fishes with lots of personality..

2. Click Here!

3. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

They are cuties... I'm glad I got mine.

4. thestranger66

thestranger66 Astrea Snail

Well Im glad to hear that they are not in the corner because of stress. Thanks for all the input!

5. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

My blue devil was a jerk too, and I think he has bit the dust today. He didn't look well when I left for work. He was a real meanie, but I hate to see my animals suffer. :(

6. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

I know this is a thread resurrection of Biblical proportion but I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. My clown LOVES the back left corner.

7. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Mine as well.. One of my anemones are there as well, but it's funny to watch them get mad at their own reflection..

8. Click Here!

9. Caspian

Caspian Coral Banded Shrimp

I had one and he seemed to host the spot behind the downspout of the powerfilter I had, or the top left back corner of the tank near the heater. I purchased a second clown and changed to a canister filter and they both swim all over the tank but at night they hold up near the middle in the back.

10. ZepQuarium

ZepQuarium Spaghetti Worm

is there something in that corner? A filter intake or a powerhead? They like to remain stationary at a home base anemone in the wild... So they will hang out usually in one place or the other in the tank. They might just feel like the corner is the safest place...

11. Doratus

Doratus Teardrop Maxima Clam

I'm blessed and cursed at the same time. My o. Clown pair basically swim all over the tank, but mostly right up front in the middle. The bad part is that they've made a host out of my prized brain coral. :(

12. salt4me

salt4me Skunk Shrimp

Mine hung in back left corner in the 40g. When i put them in the new 75 with the goby, they went left to corner he went right. What i did just notice the same rock that was in the corner on the 40 is in the same corner on the 75.