Clownfish Fry Raising Journal Update 05/24/12

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by Tropical Addict, Jan 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

We're doing good! Thanks for asking. :) With summer's arrival we've been out and about more and not lurking on the forums as much. Our pair just laid more egg's last night so we'll be expecting some more fry soon. I've also been on the lookout for different types of breeding pairs of clowns people have for sale. Just missed out on buying an onyx pair and was bummed! Here's some pics and video of some of our fry. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AGynb1z8Ic

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

The video is great, thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

+ 1 great video.

And a quick suggestion -

After the hatch, I pull the 4" inch airstone and replace it with a standard 1" stone that I suspend in the tank. I've lost a lot of fry to them getting trapped under the stone. If you use a small one and suspend it so it isn't touching the sides or the bottom there is no chance of that happening.

Won't matter for the ones you have in the video are they are large enough so as not to have to worry - but with new hatches I'd be concerned.

1 person likes this.
  5. Tropical Addict

Thanks for the info! We will def start moving to the smaller airstone after the hatch. Do not want an casualties that can easily be avoided. :)

I'm pretty excited as of right now. We're probably going to be buying another pair of breeding clowns this evening. Found them on our local forum and the guy is selling them for $100. The female of the two is an Onyx! I'll be excited to see some different color fry. Hopefully all goes as planned. I'll update later this evening or tomorrow. Here's a pic of the two. Not the best pic, I zoomed in and did a screen shot with my phone.
    [​IMG]

6. Tropical Addict

Well we bought them! Not entirely sure if they were actually laying egg's though. They are def big enough too. So we're giving them a try. And I'll also be cleaning their tank today. :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Very nice, great coloration to both.

Your fry certainly look like they are coming along very nicely. Congrats.... :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Great job guys! I remember when we both started and were talking about this and you guys pulled it off, they look great!

1 person likes this.
  10. Tropical Addict

Thanks guys! William, I know! Hopefully yours will lay soon.

11. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Looking great, can't wait to see the new additions start laying!

1 person likes this.
  12. Tropical Addict

Here are some pics of our current setup and other clown pairs that are in our garage. Also some pic of our fry. Our pair we bought last Friday are showing good signs of them laying soon! I like them a LOT! We've only had them a week and they get very excited to see you as soon as you walk into the garage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]