clownfish finally hanging out together....

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Swisswiss, Oct 1, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

as some of you may know i have a mated of percula and one black ocellaris. when i first introduced the black clown he seemed to be willing to hang out with the other two, but of course the dominant percale didn't want to hear it. so for about two years i would have one solo clown hanging out on the left side of my tank while the two lovers stayed together on the right. a couple days ago however magic happened.....

the ocellaris started hanging out with the other two, the female isn't exactly thrilled about this new situation but she does not attack him anymore. in fact iv caught her being interested in his "jiggly moves" im thinking this new situation is due to the old male not being interested anymore in the sex life? Anyway its pretty cool

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

OMG! You have a home-wrecker, and you're happy about it?? Just kidding. Haha! ;)

Fact is, percula and ocellaris clowns can mate, and females have been known to switch partners. It would be interesting to see the offspring.

Swisswiss likes this.
  4. Swisswiss

if ever i get to the point where im able to raise them... its reaaalllly difficult. but i agree would be crazy to see what the offspring look like

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

congrats swiss! I love clownfish - I would really like to try and add another clown to my tank - it's always good to hear success stories!

6. Swisswiss

thx, not sure i would classify it as a success story just yet though, but it is interesting.

Mr. Bill likes this.