clown has swolen lip

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Damsels R Cool, May 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool Millepora

my female clown has a swolen lip and keeps her mouth open all the time now and not eating as much as she normally does she's been in my tank for over 4 months and this only started happening when i Placed a purple tiped anemone into the tank about 3-4 weeks ago which she and my male clown host

what could this be?
    and what should i do?

2. Click Here!

3. IHAVEMTS

IHAVEMTS Fire Shrimp

My guess since no one else answered yet......try adding a drop of garlic to the food and dose melafix for a week. Make sure its marine melafix.

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

botox injections? you know thats a posion right i can condone its usage on fish
    j/k :)

perhaps she got in a fight. have they been mated long or are they just establishing dominance? maybe she got stung by the anemone, they get around the stinging by covering themselves in the anemones slime, if theres one area that i would think the slime would get wiped off it would be the mouth
    theres some kind of fish im thinking of that locks mouths when they fight(im pretty sure its not clown tho)

wish i could be more help