Unresolved Clown Goby Missing

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by andru1313, Oct 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. andru1313

andru1313 Purple Spiny Lobster

Ok I have a Clown Goby in my tank. He is a little guy. I haven't seen him in about a week. Not even when I put food in the tank I haven't seen him come out. I have had him about 10days in there and only saw him once. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Pic for reference
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Pretty fish. Have you checked the overflows, behind the tank, in your filters?

4. andru1313

Thanks Yah I have checked in the filters and stuff. No way for him to really get in there since I have a closed hood on my nano tank. I just want the little guy to eat something. I don't want to move my live rock around to look for him....

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

You would be surprised what they can get themselves in to.

If he is nowhere to be found I would assume he is a goner. Sorry.

6. andru1313

Sigh that makes me sad.. I keep checking my water level to see if I get any spike in anything but nothing. I will give it another few days. Is this normal with these for them to hide?

7. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

i ahve a clown goby in my 55g and wehn i fist got him id rarley see him except at feeding times. how did you aclimate him

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I have read they do hide at first, just don't know what a standard time frame might be. I would feel the same as you given your time frame. Hope it show soon. Beautiful fish.

10. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Purple Spiny Lobster

They do hide, and he could be finding leftovers. I wouldn't call him a goner, but I would double check anything like a filter. Imo I probably wouldn't take down the rock looking for him yet, or he will become more scared and not want to come out for longer.

11. andru1313

Ok so I was pretty sure it wasn't in my filter chambers but wth I open the hood up and there he is. I run to get the net an poof. Gone again so now I panic thinking he is stuck. I drain the 2 chambers remove all the filter media and nothing. Sigh I disturbed my entire environment. Even my emerald crab was like dude WTF. Any how going to let things calm down. I really hope he jumped back into the tank. I can't see him in the filtration anywhere. Thanks everyone for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I thought my green clown goby was dead for 5 months, now i see him pretty much everyday. Don't fret, most likely hes sneaky and eating all you SPS