Clown fish looks weird!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by miataliker, Sep 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

LOL! Its ok. Hold onto it, you will need it. Try to get the other one as soon as you can. It will help us figure out what is wrong. If you can't get the other kit, try to take you water to the fish store and have them test it for you and just post your results.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Its ok, like Bluemoon said you will need that one in the future as well so its good you have it in advance.
    I bought the Saltwater master kit from API (Looks almost identical to the Reef master kit).
    If you have money available, try to get the other test kit too and if not, try to take a tupperware container to your LFS for testing. Make sure you write down the results though. Try writing the actual numbers rather than take their "This ones ok, that ones high, this ones normal" crud. The more acurate it is (ie Ammonia-5, nitrate 2, etc) the better.

1 person likes this.
  4. miataliker

miataliker Flamingo Tongue

Alright. Well i might not be getting that other test kit for awhile. Im gonna be out of town for a couple of days. But be sure to come back for results soon. Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  5. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I have that exact kit. For your calcium and carbonate tests you keep adding drops until the color changes. Everything is laid out perfectly in the instruction book. For the carbonate one, you just keep going with the one bottle but for the calcium one, you add the appropriate drops of bottle 1 and then keep adding drops from bottle 2 until the color changes. Be sure to keep track of how many drops you add as this will tell you your levels. If you have any other questions about your test kit you can post them here or just private message me.

1 person likes this.
  6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

By the way, the book I mentioned, "The New Marine Aquarium" is available in most lfs and at most book sellers.

7. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

good job dude glad u got the test im pretty sure everybody will be willing to help u get those tests done keep us updated i have an extra book on reef keeping if it would help pm me .good luck

8. Click Here!

9. miataliker

Alright. i got my tests done. Know how i could treat my fishes from ich? help asap?

10. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

What is your Ph? Amonia? Nitrite? and Nitrate? Why are you thinking they have ich? Do they have white spots on them? Or are they still just acting funny?

11. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Before you treat your fish for ick, we have to be certain that
    A) Your params are good or at least decent
    B)That the fish really do have ick
    and from there we have to figure out
    A)If water is not good, how to fix it
    B) If fish don't have ick, what do they have
    C)How to treat the fish

12. miataliker

Well here it goes. I posted a thread about my test but ill do it again here. PH was at 7.8, nitrate= 0, nitrite= 0, ammonia was at 0 too. Took it to a local store near by to test my water and i also did the testing myself when i got home. And yes the fishes have white spots. It went away though. I dont know why. It comes back once in a while and the clown fishes scrapes themselfs on rocks and my filter tube. :-[ I asked the guy at the pet store and he told me to take all the fishes that are sick and put them in a seperate tank with the same water in the original tank and put a bubble breathing thing in it. Is that what im suppose to do to cure the ich?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.