Clown fish looks weird!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by miataliker, Sep 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

well u were a lil on the mean side u have to be more understanding when i was 16 yrs old i had worked for petco and bought a 5g tank clown and nem , well u know the rest of the story

2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

not trying to lecture, but when some one asks for help and is given the proper adivce to fix what needs to be fixed and they dont do it, what else can you expect people to say? Its cool to ask questions, but you cant expect people to help with out the proper information, and thats the point i was trying to get across, not lecturing just trying to get the point across that we need more info. If this was taken the wrong way im sorry.

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Not everyone has the time or money to do everything right away but the original poster is clearly taking everybody's suggestion to heart. So, let's just get back to helping.

1 person likes this.
  5. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I agree. I just read another one of miataliker's threads and I was shocked at how some people were treating/talking to him/her! The thread had to be closed down because advice had ceased to be given and only ridicule and distasteful comments were given. And now because of how nasty everyone is being he/she has withdrawn from 3reef when it should be a fun place to be!
    It's not like we have never made any mistakes before.

Miataliker-We would love to hear an update from you to see how your clowns are doing and if you got your water tested yet. If you feel uncomfortable posting in the forums, you can private message any of the 3reef moderators such as Amcarrig, or our 3reef founder Matt, and they can help you.

6. miataliker

miataliker Flamingo Tongue

Alright. I finally did the test. I dont know if its right or not cause the test was kinda hard for me. I tried my best. But here it is: The calicium was perfect i think, It came out to purple, CARBONATE came out to blue but i think its suppose to be yellow on that line bar thing. PHOSPHATE: I think its suppose to be 0.0 but it came out to 1.0, NITRATE: It came out to 10 But i thnk it suppose to be 0. And i think thats all for now. Correct me if anything is wrong.

7. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Glad to hear you got a test kit. What brand is it? If you feel you may have done it wrong, just slowly read through the instructions again and try again in the morning (thats the best time to test).
    At the moment, the most important tests are ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. You could try to take a picture of the test results so we can determine if its correct.

8. Click Here!

9. miataliker

Could anybody help? Has anybody done the calcium, carbonate hardness(kh), phosphate, and nitrate test? My test kit was called API reef master test kit. Thanks.

10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

You probably should have gotten the Saltwater master test kit. Its the one with the tests you really need. Calcium isn't really going to matter at this point and kh and phosphate isn't top on the list either.
    We can't really help you unless you get the right tests.

11. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

You will need those tests in the future, so hold on to them. Good job for getting those! If you can, try to find one that tests for ph, amonia and nitrite. Those will help us better understand what is happening in your tank.

Also, can you take a water sample to your local fish store and have them run the tests for you? All you would need to do is put a small amount of your water in a small tupperware container and give it to them. Most fish stores will run the basic tests for free (or maybe just a few bucks).

12. miataliker

Oh man. I got the wrong test kit then. LOL!!! I think i saw that other test kit with the ammonia and all that but this one seemed better, so i went ahead with this one. LOL!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.