Clown fish looks weird!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by miataliker, Sep 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miataliker

miataliker Flamingo Tongue

I have a 10 gal upgrading it to a 60 gal later on. Hehehe ;)

2. Click Here!

3. m_hsiao

m_hsiao Purple Spiny Lobster

no offense, you shouldn't of started this hobby without doing your research online.. you don't need local pet stores to tell you info about saltwater, you can find all the info you'll ever need online then eventually through experience..
    what you are doing is very irresponsible, and it makes you a very irresponsible fish owner.. you shouldn't have 3 clowns in a 10 gallon, you shouldn't own an anemone without having test kits.. actually without test kits, you shouldn't have a saltwater tank.. sorry if i offended you but this is just a lesson that you should take to heart if you want to be a successful saltwater aquarium owner. sorry if i offended you, but i feel like you need this kind of statement straight forward to you

1 person likes this.
  4. colbrunn123

colbrunn123 Astrea Snail

When i first started out i got the book "saltwater guide for dumbes" for $9.99.I had to read it 2 times to understand everything.How many fish are in your 10 gal tank.When you do your water changes are you cleaning your sand bed.Cleaning your filters.How many times do you feed them in 1 day.

Where do you live.I have a old book about saltwater .You can just have the book just pay for the shipping it will be $2.00 you know what you can just have it for free.Go on ebay you will find all kinds of books on thier also.It sounds like you need to just stop and read alot of books.Keeping a saltwater tank is not hard.You are just new to the hobby.I have lost $1000.00's from mistakes.PM with your address i will send out the book ASAP

1 person likes this.
  5. miataliker

Hhaha yeah. Its cool. I guess i really wanted these fishes and didnt thought about doing researches. But its alright. Now i kinda know what im doing. Heheh.

6. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

you asked for help, and people have told you to get a test kit and asked numerous times about what ur set up includes, yet there hasnt been an answer from you. Did you get the test kits? Honestly if you still havent tested the water then you must really not care if the fish are okay or not.

7. miataliker

Yeah. Havent got the time to get a test kit. But at the moment ill stop replying to questions cause i cant stand SOME people comming here saying things. So ill be out for a bit till i get myh test kit and ill be back to ask for more help and show my results. I mean im not trying to say anything bad. BUt thanks guys/gals for all your help. i very appreciate everybody putting their time to write and give me ideas of things. thanks!

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Giving lectures instead of advice to a newbie doesn't help anybody. If you don't have anything helpful to contribute, DON'T POST. miataliker is taking steps to cure the mistakes that were made. Let's try to help him/her along instead of giving them constant reminders of those mistakes. I'm not going to repeat myself on this subject.

10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

A good hobbyist's research is never done. We all continue to learn new things just about everyday.
    You really need to get your test kit if you want your fish to live. I am surprised that no one has suggested it yet, but three clowns generally don't do well together. There are exceptions however, but for a beginner, I would try with one or two. Maybe you should do the sickest one a favor and take him back.
    Do not put anything (Meaning buffers, chemicals, medicines, fish, invertebrates, anything) into your tank until you have gotten that test kit and we have figured out your problem. And then just Wait until we give you some suggestions on what to do.
    Don't be so hard on tkeck, or anyone else who sounds harsh. While his comment was not very appropriate, he, and the rest of us just care about you and your tank. You need to take everyone's advice seriously or you will accidentally kill more creatures.
    Good luck.
    As a reminder to some: WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE!

11. miataliker

Yeah i know. But thats what im doing right now. Trying to ask questions and do research about everything before i start doing things again but i seriously dont know why it was like this. I never thought they would come saying all of this to me. But its alright. Im still learning right now. So it doesnt really affect me.

12. m_hsiao

m_hsiao Purple Spiny Lobster

like i said, i apologize if i offend him/her.
    but it's good to let him know straight forward that he should do his research beforehand.
    would it be better for him to purchase livestock in the future then coming home and coming on 3reef to ask about it since it's suppose to be "helpful" on here, or is it better that he gets into a better habit of doing his research next time before he purchases something?
    people who cannot take constructive criticism will never be successful in life in anything, nevermind just saltwater keeping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.