Clown fish looks weird!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by miataliker, Sep 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

just let us know what happens

2. Click Here!

3. miataliker

miataliker Flamingo Tongue

to bioreefdude. Yeah i did a water tank before putting in a anemone. Sucks cause it died. It makes me sad everytime. Thats why i stopped buying them after doing researches about them. Hahah. And yes i do clean my tank every week, Sometimes a week and a half. I have a question. Do i take the whole water out of my tank when i do a water change? or just half of the water?

4. miataliker

For guitarman. The only thing i dump in there is this thing called RID ITCH to protect them from getting itch on them so they wont scrape themselfs on rocks. Thats it.

5. Jacwil

Jacwil Coral Banded Shrimp

Typically peeps do a 10-20% water change...depends on how your water currently is though.

6. miataliker

Yeah thats what i did today. But i did a 50% water change.

7. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

50% is too much. 10-20% is a good range. I wouldn't use anything, especially medications, unless you know they have the disease. Many medications aren't reef safe, and that could easily explain the death of the anemone. I don't mean to sound rude or mean, but you need to slow down and research before you add things. It seems that you haven't fully grasped the basics of this hobby yet. That's fine, we all started off not knowing anything. But what makes a good salt water hobbiest is that they research and learn before just jumping in. We are all trying to help.

Have you bought a test kit yet?

8. Click Here!

9. miataliker

Yeah i know. But when the anemone was added. I didnt use any medications or anything. I started alittle while after my clown fish started to scrape itself on rocks and my filter tube.

10. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It may be that the fish has Ich, but generally that is a result of poor water quality as in most cases, the fish's immune system can take care of the parasite. If you don't have your water parameters, there isn't much more we can do to help. Sorry.

11. miataliker

What do i do to keep my water good? Do tests before putting anything in?

12. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

yeah the only time i would have change 50% or more is directly after ur nem died i think thats where ur problem started .now 50% water changes every week since it died has made ur params very unstable which led to unhealthy fish , so u should do a lot more research, me i like the net for research but i also believe you should get a nice thick book on reef keeping just to cover the basics

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.