Clown fish looks weird!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by miataliker, Sep 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miataliker

miataliker Flamingo Tongue

Alright, well i went garlic shopping. I couldnt find any that is right or did i go to the wrong food store. Went to windo co. by the way. I tried finding garlic but instead i found garlic mixed with parmesion. Does that work?

2. Click Here!

3. miataliker

What skimmer would be better though since im gonna upgrade to a 30 gallon tank or maybe 60?

4. bjvan1203

bjvan1203 Plankton

perhaps you should try an alternative diet. what are you feeding your clown and what kind of clown do u have?

5. miataliker

They are the ocellaris clown fishes and i feed them mysis shrimp.

6. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

The seaclone will work for up to a 100 gal (so it will be fine for a 30 gal tank) - sorry, but the garlic is the wrong kind. You need the kind that is all natural. Nothing added. If you can't find it at the grocery store, you can get it at a fish store.

1 person likes this.
  7. speedzonwheels

speedzonwheels Plankton

Alright, well here is some of my opinions for you that you can try. I would def. get a skimmer like the seaclone. Im not sure how much that one goes for, but for smaller tanks that are 50Gal and under I would say you can use the Red Sea Prizm Skimmer. I use it on my 20Gal Hex and it works perfect. Here is a little advice for feeding though if you cant get the one fish to eat much. Try feeding him live brine shrimp. This food is like cotton candy to them and they love the hell out of it. The only thing that doesn't help them is that its not as benefical to them as it only feeds them and doesn't provide them with vitamins like other food does. Also I wouldn't always feed them the same thing as its good to mix the food up to get a better variety in the appetite like a Formula 1 frozen cube food. I mix it up weekly. When I first had my 2 clowns, One of them had the same thing going on where they wouldn't eat.(No ich was involved, but same symptoms) Also if you are going to remove that filter that came with the tank, I would advise to leave it on the tank with the skimmer as its good to run activated carbon(Its what is in those little white filters that you stick in the filter). You can run just the carbon with out the filter if you buy a mesh back(looks like window screening). Activated carbon kills some forms of bacteria and keeps your tank from smelling badly and also keeps the water clear. Some of my recommendations to you. I have a 20 Gallon Hexagon Reef tank that is growing strong. Hope all goes well!

Conrad

8. Click Here!

9. miataliker

10. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Speedzonwheels had it pretty right, I would follow that advice, it's pretty good.

11. miataliker

Do thehy like brine shrimp more then the mysis shrimp?

12. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

They like a variety of foods.
    Just think, would you like to eat nothing but mashed potatoes morning noon and night every single day? Not really. It would get old after a while and you wouldn't get much nutrition.
    Same thing with fish. Mix it up a little. Brine one day, mysis another, throw in some krill, or even better have both mixed together in a small enough portion for them. There are a variety of other foods they like too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.