Clown fish looks weird!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by miataliker, Sep 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Don't mess with copper yet. You need to give the fish time to eat first.
    Besides, you will have to set up a second tank, let it cycle, get equipment for it, yada yada...
    I wouldn't eve worry about an anemone until you get your fish good and healthy.
    What size tank do you have again? And what lights?

2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

It's ok, I get it all the time. My fault for choosing the name of my favorite album (swagger) rather than the band that made it (Flogging Molly). My name sounds boyish. Helps keep pervs away tho, LOL

4. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

I get it all the time too....I have noticed that the saltwater hobby does tend to have more men than women.....no worries!

At my age....the pervs might be a little welcome....j/k!

5. miataliker

miataliker Flamingo Tongue

Hhahah you guys are funny. But its true what bluemoon said. There is mostly guys on here. Hahahha but its alright ;) but for swagger. I have a 10gallon tank and two flurescent lights on each side of my lid. i know its not big enough ;( but im going to upgrade to a 30gal pretty soon.

6. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Even a 30gal is too small for an anemone. If you think you might want a bigger tank, trust me, get the bigger tank. I tried doing the 12gal>30gal and now Im doing a 55, lol.
    Anemone also need alot of intense light of they will starve.

7. miataliker

Would they die if the tanks to small?And Why do they need such a strong lighting to live? This sucks ;(

8. Click Here!

9. blumoon reefers

Hey - I went from a 75 to a 150....LOL! And I still don't have an anemone. Not because of tank size, but because they really do need very, very good water conditions.

Miata, also just want you to think about something...I know that you like the anemones and want one really bad, but it would be easier for you to get a better understanding of everything about keeping a saltwater tank, get the larger tank you want, get it set up and cycled, keep it healthy and then in 6 months or so look at getting another one.

10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Anemone have tiny algae cells inside of them that feed off of the lights, in turn feeding the anemone itself. They can eat meaty foods, but require photosynthesis aswell.
    Small tanks are harder to keep stable. Anemone require pristine water conditions and in a small tank, the params go out of wack so quickly it would kill it. The slightest raise in ammonia or nitrates and, well, it's not good.
    Anemone also release a highly toxic poison unpon death that can wipe out an entire system.

11. miataliker

Hheheh alright. Thats what i need to tell my gf. She is crazy in love with the anemones. Everytime they get new fishes in pet stores she'll go crazy and want them. Hhaa! But What do you mean by good water conditions? LIke a good current?

12. blumoon reefers

Not just good flow, but good everything. Parameters (your test results), good lights, good filtration. The whole tank. Tell your gf that she will be happier if you can keep one alive...LOL! rather than just keep buying new ones....and wasting your money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.