Clown fish looks weird!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by miataliker, Sep 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

I have done the FW dip on sick fish before and have had no luck. They still died and I believe chasing them around the tank to try and get them out didnt help.

One thing about this hobby is to take things slow. Sometimes panicking and rushing doing stuff doesnt do any good. Go with the garlic for now and try and get them eating.

Keep up with your water testing (every couple days or so), do water changes and watch your tank.

2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

QT means Quarantine Tank.
    A QT is a tank that is set up aside form your DT (Display tank). You can put your new fish in the QT when you first get them to make sure they are healthy and illness free. Then after a few days to a week (sometimes longer) you can put it in your DT.
    You can also use a QT as a hospital tank. If you need to dose copper for illness, you will want to do it on the QT as it will kill any inverts and corals. Copper is dangerous to many Saltwater critters so it doe not ever go in your DT.

4. blumoon reefers

Questions are good. We don't mind answering and helping as long as we know that you are understanding what we are trying to tell you. You can also go to ask.com and put in saltwater tanks. They have a great step by step guide (not necessarily as good as us, but a little knowledge goes a long way)

A QT tank is a smaller tank that is dedicated to putting any new arrivals into for a time to observe and make sure they are healthy before putting them into your main tank.

5. blumoon reefers

Swagger....great minds just think alike!!!

6. miataliker

miataliker Flamingo Tongue

I see. Thanks dude. But Where can i get the copper stuff?

7. miataliker

Could i also put a anemone in the QT tank until it gets used to it?

8. Click Here!

9. blumoon reefers

Hey Miata...both Swagger and I are gals.....not dudes...LOL!

Don't worry about the copper yet. Give it a day or so of feeding the garlic. Don't rush into trying to many things. Just try one at a time.

10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

11. blumoon reefers

Let's get your fish and tank healthy before we get anymore anemone's....if the main tank and all of its occupants are not healthy, you will continue to have problems.

12. miataliker

HEHEHEHEHEH im so sorry. Sorry gals. Thanks for the help though. You guys are super helpful ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.