Clown Fish & Anemone

Discussion in 'Coral' started by TankBoyME, Jan 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

Welcome! I just added a large bubble tip and a Cinnamon clown to my system. I drip acclimate in a 5 gal bucket. I put them both in the bucket for acclimation. I go slow for my drips so acclimation takes a while. When the drip was done they were great friends and have remained so ever since.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. kimmy

kimmy Feather Duster

My brother in law has a pair of clowns that fiercly protect their home...Xenias! It's the funniest thing to watch them nip at his hand when he cleans the tank and gets too close to their adopted home.

4. TankBoyME

TankBoyME Astrea Snail

So I went out and bought myself a BTA. I put it on a huge piece of LR, and by nightfall it had settled in a crevice. After I turned the lights out, it really shrunk, and I freaked as if it were dying... I let it be.
    This morning when the sun had been on my tank for about an hour, the BTA had puffed back up, and was attached pretty solid.... so I fed it ;D.

I'm allowed to be over-excited... it's my first piece of coral!!

My girlfriend came over later, and bought me a fire angel. Now she's DEFINATELY a keeper ;). I freaked this morning though when the fire angel was just lying on its side inside some LR. I thought it was dead, so stuck my finger in there. He's just fine... so WTF???

Do fire angels sleep or something??

5. Zissou

Zissou Fire Shrimp

my gf and i have a blue hippo tang and it sleep in the rocks. sometimes it is propped sideways.

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

The sun hits your tank for an hour every day? Do you have any problems with algae growing everywhere? You should never let the sun hit a tank, directly or indirectly.

7. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

TankBoyME, BTA's are not corals, they are invertebrates!:)

and yeah how's the algae in your tank?

8. Click Here!

9. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

My first inflated and deflated often. My second rarely did.. Amazing creatures....

10. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

yea angels sleeps.sun!!!!ahhhhh!!!!:confused: thats no good. nice purchase and yea shes a keeper if shes a reefer.lol;)gotta love a woman when she recognizes a good looking fish.

11. Scott Osborne

Scott Osborne Feather Duster

As long as its not raising the temp theres nothing wrong with a little free zooxanthellae fuel! I have my tank positioned so that when the sun angle is low in the winter my tank gets more natural sunlight. In my 450 I am going to use a solartube to pipe sunlight in! Why? Cause its FREE;D.

If your tank is free of phos and NO3 you won't have any problems with algae. Remember we are trying to replicate the sun with our fancy high intensity lighting.

Its cliche but theres something about the Percs and a 'nem.[​IMG]

I want a colony of 12 in my 450. With a giant Heteracis Crispa or even a RBTA

12. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

^ holy poop, talk about loving your clowns........