clown fish and my anemones

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by greek machine, Nov 7, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nemo 2

Nemo 2 Bristle Worm

hmm i guess ill be ripping it out then.luckily hes right up front right now.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Are you positive that what you've got is an aiptasia?

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

P.S. If you "rip" the aiptasia out, chances are there will be a bit of tissue left on the rock which will eventually become a new anemone. Your best bet is to "feed" it some kalk paste or Joe's Juice.

5. Nemo 2

Nemo 2 Bristle Worm

kalk paste joe hice.never heard of them.whats that if you dont mind me asking.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Sorry. Kalk paste is just paste that you make by mixing kalkwasser (pickling lime) to r.o. water. You make a thick paste which you either form into a small ball to feed to the aiptasia or that you can put into a syringe (one with a wide opening) to feed to the anemone. Joe's Juice is a product that you can buy that supposedly kills anemones.

Joe's Juice Aiptasia & Majano Anemones Solution

Tangster also has an aiptasia killing recipe that works very well if you want to send him a PM for it.

7. Nemo 2

Nemo 2 Bristle Worm

doesnt really say if it is invert safe(dont want my coral bandit to get killed).have you used it before?

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I've never heard of anyone having any inverts die as a result of using either product. I have used kalk paste and Tangster's aiptasia killer before with no ill affects whatsoever. Never felt the need to try the Joe's Juice.

10. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Hey...this stuff is very effective and very safe (Joe's Juice) --- just use as directed and those puppies are gonners.

11. Nemo 2

Nemo 2 Bristle Worm

whats tangster aiptasia kille.sounds cool.

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

It's a recipe that he came up with after many years of dealing with aiptasia. I have no idea what's in it so you'll have to send him a message if you want it :D