Clown Breeding Again, Under 3 Weeks!

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by ComputerJohn, Jan 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Ovipositor:

1. A tubular structure, usually concealed but sometimes extending outside the abdomen, with which many female insects deposit eggs.

2. A similar organ of certain fishes.

K+ for you my friend.. Thanks....

2. Click Here!

3. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

If the conditions are right and stay constant they will get on a schedule and lay every 8- 10 days.If you are serious about raising them you need to get a good rotifer culture going.Keep an eye on the eggs and about day 8 or 9 turn off all your pumps before lights out.Wait about 30-60 mins and go check your tank with a small flashlight.You sould see and larvae if they hatched.

4. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Ok I need from suggestions. It looks as my clown is laying eggs every 2 to 3 weeks now on that schedule. Should I try breeding & what is required??

5. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

I say go for it.It can be very rewarding and you can learn alot in the process.I will warn you it can be very time consuming.I only have 4 baby clowns right now but I seem to be always making new saltwater for the fry tank, rotifer tank, and now my newly acquired pair of false percs tank. Once your rots get going you have to sieve about 1/3 of them everyday or they'll crash.You will be constantly testing all of your water.If you think you have the time start doing research and don't hesitate to ask anyone questions.Most people will help and if they don't you don't need them anyway.Take your time and enjoy it.I wish you lots of luck.

1 person likes this.