cloudy water getting RIDICULOUS!

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by irr0001, Jul 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

hehehe---Yummmm Karma!!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

People from Auburn don't know squat about fish tanks!!! GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!=P

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

5. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

i'm just goin here for their engineering program..my best friend is a die hard florida fan so it's kinda rubbed off on me...but....

HOW COOL IS WES BYRUM! haha

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

LOL I grew up in alabama. Got tired of all of that auburn/alabama bs so I decided Florida was the way to go at a really young age. GO TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

completely agree..i hate all the auburn/alabama bs..i went to a dave matthews concert in birmingham a few months ago and there was a guy standing on top his truck waving an alabama flag yelling ROOOLLLLL TTIIIDDEE...**** AUBURN!

it just gets old lol

Anyway! let's see if this this rowaphos works....

8. Click Here!

9. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

well after the first night the water may be slightly clearer...not sure if i'm just imagining it or if it really is lol i'll be gone for the weekend so we'll see how it looks when i get back

10. JJK

JJK Teardrop Maxima Clam

I hope the rowaphos helps the problem. The other issue may be the eco-complete substrate. It has bacteria in it and is designed to slowly break down over time, releasing minerals for the plants. However, if there are not many plants in the tank, or if the water volume is low (like 10 gallon...), it is possible that they are just releasing nutrients into the tank for algae/bacteria. If you continue to have a problem and still want to continue with fresh water, I would consider replacing your substrate with a layer of laterite covered with a layer of regular, small-grained gravel. May help solve the issue IMO.

11. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

yeah the substrate is the other thing i have considered..when i get home sunday (if the water isn't clear yet) i think i'm going to change it out..it was fairly heavily planted..but after i tore it town and put it back together the other day i took most of the plants out..

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

White milky looking haze ? its a bacterial bloom tank is not cycled or there is to much animal load in it at this point or you used some sort of colored bottom gavel and its leeching dye

Every time you mess with the filter or add new water you just kick start it again and you are likly way way over feeding it thats where most all make their mistakes to turn a tank cloudy Stop feeding and let it run a few weeks it will settle in if you are uing good water to top it off Not well water either that can cause the problem