Cloudy eye

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Siddique, Feb 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

To all who have responded, thank you. This is a great thread. I don't see much in the way of Abx tx for tanks (ITO dosing) much around here. And 250mg is a human dosage, but low end. I would be curious to figure out what the concentration is in the water, because that would tell you what the concentration is within the fishies. I think I will try to figure that, then compare it to minimum inhibitory concentration for bacteria in humans. But it is too late tonight. Time for beddy-bye.

2. Click Here!

3. crazytang

crazytang Plankton

Any news on the queen angel Siddique

4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Hey thanks for the responses guys. She is doing quite well for now. I'm dosing with "curam" antibiotic along with 10% every other day water changes. A guy in Trinidad, probably the only person I know that frags corals etc here told me that the polyps which he has are poisonous to the fish and he doesn't have any sponges. She still isn't eating anything I give her. Spectrum (Not the Thera+A formula), O.S.I Shrimp Pellets and my own shrimp recipe which contains, raw shrimp, garlic and carrots. I also added the antibiotic to the food.
    Ammonia was constant at 0ppm but I tested today and it was about .75ppm so I put back on the skimmer and going to do a water change in a bit. I think little pieces of the uneaten food may have caused the ammonia to raise.
    She's looking okay now, swimming about the tank my only concern is that she hasn't eaten for a while now.:(

5. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

some new pics

Attached Files:

6. crazytang

crazytang Plankton

Did you put any antibiotic in the water or in the food only?
    Seems like shes slowly on the mend.

7. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I put the antibiotic both in the water and the food.
    She seems to be getting better but since I've been seeing her everyday, I can't tell for sure. The eyes are still a tad cloudy.:(

8. Click Here!

9. crazytang

crazytang Plankton

Antibiotics - they are a slow process unfortunately my friend. Remember to treat for the full time

10. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I just hope it works fast enough for her to start back eating in time

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  11. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Astrea Snail

How long has it been since she had some food?

Cloudy eye will go away in time...That happened because of your amonia which was created by the uneaten food over time...

So your original problem was not cloudy eye..It was the apetite of your fish..This is what I make out of it. I might be wrong !

I am not experienced with that kind of fish..Somehow we have to help her increase her apetite...Help here people...Feel free to jum in :)

12. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Well I have no real idea exactly how long it has been since she had food since I got her from a friend . My guess would be about 2 weeks. He has quite a large tank roughly about 340gal, 10ft long but he hasn't been doing water changes nor feeding properly nor removing any uneaten food. He had her for about a year and a few months. I've been using Kent Garlic Xtreme to perk here into eating.