cloudy eye on bicolor! UGH

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by iforgotlah, Nov 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iforgotlah

iforgotlah Plankton

i've put it in the QT already, and added some ocean free herbal medication, according to the instructions. QT is approx 10 gal. so now do i just wait and do nothing to it? im told not to feed it, and just leave it there. BTW, my QT only consist of a hand-on filter ( quite a big one) and just water form my DT. is that right?

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

IME cloudy eye is usually caused by problems with parameters, such as elevated levels of ammonia or nitrates. The other cause being direct injury to the eye with possible secondary bacterial infection setting in.

I would still feed the fish although pretty sparingly and watch for elevated ammonia levels within the QT.

IMO herbal medications of little to no value and Melafix/Pimafix or a antibiotic would be a much better choice.

Good luck and I hope your fish gets better quickly and you can get him out of the QT.

4. iforgotlah

iforgotlah Plankton

so what i put in my QT is correct? no need of any live rocks and biological filtration?

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

LR is not needed, some like a seeded HOB filtration.

This link gives a lot of guidence for the set up a QT.

QuarMarines

If water parameters are out of line, sometimes correction of those alone will resolve the cloudy eye without the need for a QT. It may not apply in your case.