Cloning a Maxi Mini Anemone....Yea or Nay?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by CODEE111, Jun 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

Hey Corailline, Thanks for the links. I did watch this video yesterday and hear they are really great healers and easy to cut. That's why I thought about cutting it. Everything I read said they are very hardy and heal quickly and the videos made it look so easy.... I am sure I can do it.

2. Click Here!

3. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

4. CODEE111

LOL:gossip:

5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

6. CODEE111

Saturday, I noticed my Half Black Angel nipping at the Maxi Mini and it was starting to look pretty stressed so I moved it into a different area to make it harder for the Angel to get. Which did absolutely no good. The container tipped and the Anemone spent most of it's weekend at the back of the tank looking shriveled and upset and I could not get to it.
    After doing my weekly water change, I found it in the front of the tank and quickly acclimated it into the bio cube where no one could pester it.
    Probably best to wait another week to cut it as I believe it's been traumatized enough this weekend.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  7. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

let me know how it goes if you do do it - still not sure I could - that does look harsh. But would like to try.....maybe.

8. Click Here!

9. CODEE111

The Maxi looked better this morning. I think the Angel was eating its tentacles because yesterday it looked really bad. This morning, she had already attached to a rock and was looking a little better and her color was coming back.

I am hoping she is better in the next couple weeks as I really do want to try and cut her up. Doesn't look too hard and I am used to cutting other corals so it should be ok. The main thing now is to get her back to being and looking healthy before I traumatize her with the fragging. I will definitely keep everyone informed on her progress and will include pics of the cutting process.

10. CODEE111

Have you ever cut mushrooms or ricordia?

They say the cutting is very similar. I've done both and they were very easy to do so I'm hoping it is gonna go so smooth that I'll be excited to cut them again once they heal.