Cleaning Frag Tools

Discussion in 'Frags' started by djbonney138, Oct 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

So I just bought a small pair of clippers from Freight Harbor. They look similar to the stainless steel bonecutters they sell in the frag kits, but these cost 1.99. Lol. Anyway they seem to have that funky oil smell that most tools have when you buy them. Obviously I don't want them going in the aquarium. I planned on doing the vinegar soak but not sure if that will kill everything that may be on them. Any suggestions?

2. Click Here!

3. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

Whatever you do don't leave them in saltwater for very long because they are likely made of low quality steel/stainless steel and will develop rust quickly.

4. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

use rubbing alcohol, and then rinse them really really really good, and also do not leave them in saltwater as posted above

5. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

I was definitely not planning on them lasting very long especially around saltwater. Lol. Thanks for the input. I was thinking scrub in dishsoap to remove any oils or residue. Then soak in alcohol, then rinse really, really, really, really good?