cleaners vs. disease

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by 10acrewoods, Jan 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Hole in the head is caused by poor nutrition or stray voltage. Check your habits on when/what you are feeding, and makes sure to always have a grounding probe.

2. Click Here!

3. agent77

agent77 Astrea Snail

My fish take turns at the hole the peppermint shrimp live in , they think he's going to clean them (hides every time they show up at the hole .) . My fish all are healthy and eat very well . I am pulling them all out on monday and they get to go to QT for 6 weeks . I have seen my blue tang with spots now and my black gobie .
    EDIT:peppermint hole looks like a drive in car wash .:LolLolLol

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  4. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

My tank is only 3 months old so far not problems. I love my little cleaner shrimp. Everytime I bring something new home he immediately inspects it and cleans. I think it is his tank and he has OCD.... Not complaining he is my favorite guy in the tank.

I too have read in an article this week that the cleaner shrimp help with tank mates with ich and other parasites. I also read that to get rid of ich to do a fresh water bath on your fish. Read about it because there is a certain way to do it.. I guess the ich dies if it doesn't have the salt. This of course only works for saltwater ich.

But I am still new to this hobby so if I am wrong please correct me.. This is just research that I have been reading. I try to read as much as I can on a daily basis to give my tank the best chance it can get.

5. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

well I have cleaner now and so far no problems.

6. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

Cleaning still doing great and no sick fish.