Clean up crew

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Peredhil, Oct 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

You are right! Here you go. Spick and Span

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took these last night.

2. Click Here!

3. naperenterprise

naperenterprise Astrea Snail

That was like a Reef Cleaners comercial If I ever saw one... someone needs to tell them so Peredhil can get some free stuff from them.

1 person likes this.
  4. sventhemac

sventhemac Astrea Snail

Cool deal. Looks great.!

5. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

Oh, just caught the last update. Nice looking tank under there after all. :)

How far was I off on the Oct. 31ts guess?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

There was very little left on the glass, so I cleaned that with the Mag-Float 10/27 I think it was. It was something like 11/4 that the CuC had caught up on the rock and substrate.

Had a little big of green hair come up so I added an emerald crab mid November some time and that was quickly taken care of.

I felt it was time to add a fish so that I could add to the bio load to keep the CuC busy. So I added a Royal Gramma last Friday.

1 person likes this.
  7. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

Wow! amazing difference. How much was the package?

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

INCREDIBLE! :eek:

Any water changes? New lights? Stuff like that?

10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Very nice. Very, very nice. Good thread dude. That was a pleasure to watch. I bet you are stoked. K+ for good choices.

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I think it was 80 bucks or so. Several of the critters had to be overnighted. That price includes shipping.

I did my first water change at the end of October. In hindsight, I should have waited, but it ended up OK.

I added SunDial lights about halfway through, but only ran the actinics until I got to the point where I cleaned the glass. I then started running the 10k's for a few hours and have built up the time. That's also when the hair started showing up, so I added the emerald crab. That took care of that!

I'm adding a skimmer after Christmas. (I hope to be getting one for Christmas).

I now have red tube worms showing up and growing like crazy!!! Awesome.

Thanks so much for the good words everyone! Patience has been key. I almost broke my rule and got a scooter blenny as a splurge. But go slow won out.

Now i'm trying to decide what fish I want after my skimmer settles in! And I have to decide on a first coral ever! I am VERY stoked about that. I still don't have any. Trying to not do anything to fast.

As soon as reefcleaners gets in some more Fire Fern, I'm going to add one of those. I have a perfect spot for it.

Tank has been very stable so far and my nitrates have remained at zero for about 5 or 6 weeks now. Phosphates at .5 and holding.

There is one thing that I can't seem to figure out. I can not keep more than one shrimp. One peppermint died and I saw it. One peppermint just vanished 3 days ago (still hoping he might show up) and my skunk disappeared two weeks ago. Completely vanished. There's not much in the way of hiding spots since I can get all around the tank... so I fear the worste for it... but I guess CuC ate the body very quickly. I do a head count every day. Bummer.

And my good choices? That's because I listen to my friends on 3reef and read their threads ;D

1 person likes this.
  12. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

Great thread. This is forums at there best. I really enjoy seening stories like this I just with more people would document there common occurances. Sometimes seeing someone deal with a problem can lead to more being learned about the problem. I like that you didn't mess with the tank all that much either. Hats off to you.