Clarkii Clowns Galore!

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by doylef4i, May 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Outstanding work Sir!

I cannot tell what your airflow looks like in those shots but don't be afraid to set it at a good rate - as you know oxygen is critical for the fry and the rots - in large numbers it's easy for them to find themselves in a situation where they compete for the air.

Keep a good eye on your rot count in the fry tank as well. With those numbers they should be depleting the rots population pretty quickly. And lat the first couple of hits with the OTO - don't expect them all to attack it. It will not be instinctual to them to hit it and they need to get used to it. I always feed a light dusting of OTO but do even less then I normally would the first few days.

You are well on your way!!

2. Click Here!

3. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

The air was turned off for the photo only-I run it wide open per your previous suggestion.The rots are the only thing I'm worried about right now because I got them late from a friend.I've got a real nice culture going right now but a late start always makes me nervous.
    Thanks,Daniel

4. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

I run mine high - but not completely wide open - to give you an idea, the bubbles are on one end of my ten gallon hatch tank and right now it's close the to the middle of that end. The pattern is pushing to both side wall and reaching maybe 4 inches out at the top of the water towards the opposite wall.

This morning I can see my fry before tinting and a lot of them are in the bobbles or close to them - they seem to like it.

5. doylef4i

Small update for today:The rotifers I can already tell are becoming a problem.I just don't have the density I need.Totally my fault for not being prepared.I had about 10 losses today.:(On a good note though I can already tell the fry that have been eating well-they are noticably bigger.;DI will add a small amount more oto to their diet starting tomorrow.I will update with pics to.

6. doylef4i

Here are some pics from today of the fry at day 4.Enjoy.
    DSC_6780.jpg
    DSC_6783.jpg

7. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

They're looking good Daniel! Great job!

8. Click Here!

9. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Very cool... I wish I took a pic of my last hatch that are 3 DPH before I tinted the water again. If I think of it I"ll grab a shot tomorrow.

10. doylef4i

Thanks guys.I plan to take some pics ever couple of days so others can watch their progress.

11. doylef4i

Quick update.The fry are starting to go nutz for the Otohime.Tonight I could see a bunch of them eating off the top of the water while others where doing their little tail snaps just below the surface.

12. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

That's what I'm talking about! The OTO is like a clown breeders magic dust!

I start sprinkling a little on Day 2 and my hatch from Saturday hits it like champs now. It cool to watch them shoot across the top of the water for it. Sounds like you got it now. Just keep up with your water changes!