Clams under LED's(GROWTH)

Discussion in 'Clams' started by CharlotteReefer, Feb 23, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CharlotteReefer

CharlotteReefer Coral Banded Shrimp

Think im gonna get a maxima at some point. Going to look tomorrow at one of the lfs to see if they have one before I pay unneeded shipping

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yeah, in order for LA or DD to make $$$ sense you need to order like 3 or more things! So think about other corals or fish, or cuc you may need, then they are just as cheap as a LFS but a better guarantee ;)

4. CharlotteReefer

I only have a clown, coral beauty, a mandarin goby, coral banded shrimp, and a some sort of orange starfish(forgot the name of it) so I think I need another fish....you have any suggestions that would fit well in my tank?

5. CharlotteReefer

I would like to get a pair of nice clowns but I dont think my current clown would allow it

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

whats your current clown? but nah 3 in that size tank is a bad idea! Maybe a goby? or small wrasse! you're kinda near your limit to be safe!

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

is your mandarin eating food? or just pod's

8. Click Here!

9. CharlotteReefer

He's a misbared ocellaris clown. A reputable guy told me I could place the current clown in a "breeding tank" in the water, attached to the glass for a week or so and then release him back into the tank they would probably get along fine

10. CharlotteReefer

Just pods, at least havent seen him eat any food. I try to keep the pods stocked up pretty good for him

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

1 should be fine, but adding 2 may be a bad idea! 2 of them will prob pair and then the third may get bullied to death! maybe a good idea to do the breeding box for a day so then new guy gets settled in!

good luck!

12. CharlotteReefer

Well, after racking up abut 125 miles and and visiting 3 shops today, I bit the bullet and got a 2" maxima. The first place I went had no clams, the second place I went (fintastic) had a 1" maxima that was beautiful in color but for $100(INSANE!!!). So I guess the 3rd was a charm....found a 2" maxima, not as pretty in color but still really nice for $45, so I bought it! Ready to get him into the tank! THanks for all the info