clams through the years

Discussion in 'Clams' started by stylaster, Aug 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stylaster

stylaster Gigas Clam

ive eating a tridacna clam while i was in fiji, pretty much taste the same as a razor clam. Although it was a black and brown stripped one, not a super colored one heh

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

When I was laid over in the Philippians I saw the locals markets with beautiful clams like this for sale as food and cheap food . That was way back when they where some really pretty clams and used just for food then along came the aquarium trade then they added more pressure.. But these clams are food also. The guys on the AFB there said it was common place .. I had never really seen clams then. we where still trying to keep fish long term :)

4. stylaster

stylaster Gigas Clam

Ya in Fiji they had clams for sale too, and lots of shells piled in the back behind huts. I asked a native what they did with the shells, he said they used them as ash trays. He did let me take a few if i wanted, so i brought back some nice 18" or so shells (either squamosa or maxima). Never saw any gigas shells in fiji, not sure if they are native there.