Clam Still Happy :)

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Bruce, May 1, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

As has been mentioned, clams under 3" rely primarily on plankton to feed and grow. They do not rely on lighting/photosynthesis until they grow past the 3" mark.

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

eh, its ok...im gona beta a 24gal nano...get this with dual 70w mhs 20000k, 2 t-5 actinics and 2 CCFLS :) that will be nice :) can u say ultimate retro fit? and dont worry im gona get a chiller :)

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

yup yup yup, the beta should start in july...ill have pics the second i start :)

6. AquatechNick

AquatechNick Astrea Snail

Is there a company who make the kit? I remember a while back there was one who made custome canopis,stands and serious light mods.....please share;D

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Sure...im sad to say that the 24gal beta testing is put on hold because of the jbj cracking issues lol...but heres the site, they have alot of cool lighting kits www.nanocustoms.com

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

How's the clam progressing Bruce?

10. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

I just added my 1st clam which just happens to be a Blue Maxima to the 300 over the weekend. I tried to take a couple of pictures with my phone, but they didn't come out good. I'm sold and will be adding more. They are so neat and being hard core filter feeders are good for the tank. Did you know they are supposed to be a phosphate, and nitrate sponge? I have mine submerged about 10-12 inches directly under a 250 10k MH and it seems to love it. Keep posting on your Maxima and PCs. I'd like to add 1 to my office tank, but wasn't going to do it as I just have PCs on that tank.

11. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

its oing great i moved it higher in the tank and it has gained alot of color and expands so much