Clam Problem

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Bruce, Aug 15, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Hallo all, well as you know i just got back from being out of town for 2 weeks...ok so i get back the water is low but everything seems ok...my clam did detetch from its rock but was still open and seemed fine, then i was gone for a day and a half i get back the clam is on its side and it seems like either its foot is fully retracted back into itself or somthing ate it...it still has pretty good color but its mantle is retracted...i put it on a rock and put it closer to the light and gave it more water movement. is there anything else i can do or...is it basically over?

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Low water means high specific gravity..How high did it get....I hope you did not shock the clam. Is it gaping? Mine sits in the sand or on a shell. Try that to keep it propped up. :)

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

well...the water was pretty low...but my other clam is fine...thats why im leaning toward agressive attack against it...ught poor little bugger :(