Unresolved Clam Problem & Snail ID, Pyramid???

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Zechenia, Mar 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Zechenia

Zechenia Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Thanks everyone!

I checked after lights out, and again this morning and haven't noticed any more snails. I'm hoping I caught it early!

I am going to pick up some PVC tomorrow. I will wait to move the clam until I see more snails. I'm def dreading hurting its foot, lol. It's the one thing the guy I bought it from kept stressing about, so I think that got into my head haha

4. Zechenia

Zechenia Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Got the sixline, and he looks great in the tank. I rearranged all my rockwork (rocks tumbling, coral coming off, but everything looks good now). The scape doesn’t look “pretty” on the clam side. There is NO way I'll be able to remove the clam from the rock myself. It's foot is way too deep. But now I’ll be able to remove the clam + rock for scrubbing.

How often is a good amount to look for the snail? I don’t want to stress the clam too bad. His color is good… but his extension makes him look super stressed. Should I do it tonight even though it’s stressed over the rockwork?