Clam Lovers check out this huge sale

Discussion in 'Clams' started by pink4miss, May 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

nice, how long have to had them? i didnt realize there was pink clams. i noticed clams are really had to capture the true color. unless your right over it taking the picture, and even than ????.

i have a couple clams, three are really really small and i have to spot feed them. that pacific site has some awesome clams. this will be my first purchase from them. if all goes well i will do one more i think. my tank is great for viewing clams.

2. Click Here!

3. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

do you still have clams in your tank?

4. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

well that pink (green looking one) is a Derssa at about 9 inches, he hosts a pair of perc. clowns oddly enough. I have had him quite some time. Funny I added 3 PJ cards last night to the 45, and the clowns were not very happy, but they are setteling in pretty well now. I felt the PJ's low maintence and schooling would look nice in the 45 (it's a tall show tank).

The other one is from RAH, he is a 5 Inch Crocea- I also have 2 others (both from RAH) they are in the big tank- remember the camo clam?- I have him in the big tank, along w/ another electric blue Crocea- so cool looking. ;D

let me see if I can get a better pic.

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

so true, it sucks that i can only have one but imma get the best looking one ever LOL

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

my first maximas died :( my crocea i have had the longest, they dont seem to need strong light. than i bought the small maximas, that i spot feed, im hoping this new larger maxima does well, its 5 1/2 inches in size. and i have a top spot on the rocks for it. i believe the light wasnt strong enough for the large maximas to be in the sand were i had them. the small ones are there but it said they need less light, because their mantles are thin, and intense light is to much for them. if im wrong please correct me. this is what i have read

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

sounds about right from my research, other then lighting, which would you say is hardier?

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

No unfortunately when I was going to sell my tank the clams sold first go figure.

At my worst I think I spend 300.00 once on a large Maxima, but it was beautiful.

Some images of my last clams. Crocea, Derasa and a smaller Squamosa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

lol true. but they are like potato chips. you cant have just one. lol

11. Reloadeddevil

Reloadeddevil Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Its okay, just dont buy another within 48 hrs, and you will do fine.

1 person likes this.
  12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i have only had the one crocea and the maximas ... crocea is the hardier clam from my experience. maybe others can chime in on their findings

:( isnt that the way though

:) oh think i can make it that long. i think... i can... i think i can. ;D maybe? :p