clam help, broken shell????

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Reef Queen, Sep 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

first off good luck on your clam..... i cant offer anymore advice than already stated, but i will say this...

i would advice you getting the clam closer to that halide you got over the tank...crocea love love love strong lighting... my old crocea was maybe 11" from a 250w halide and was loving it... maybe the gaping has something to do with lighting since it was on the sandbed... even tho the halide is plenty enough light for a crocea at the bottom...i just think you will have better luck the higher you can get it to the fixture...

and good luck again, i love clams( both kinds...lol...)

2. Click Here!

3. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

How is your clam doing? Were you able to get any new equipment for your tank like 55gfowlr suggested?

4. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

He is doing about the same i think, honestly i havnt been able to do much but lay in bed for the past 3 days because i am so sick...i literally just slept for 20 hours and i feel slightly better today, so i am hoping i will be good by tueday because he off and i really want to make a LFS trip lol.

5. Reef Queen

Well bad news all around folks. the clam didnt make it, he looked ok one min and the next time i looked he was terrible...and all the corals in the tank were looking pretty crappy too, so i fished him out and put him in the freezer (i think he was already dead though so the euthinization may have been in vain). the corals all immediately perked right up after he was out though...i dont know if he smelled because i cant smell a thing...went to the ER last night and found out i have Pneumonia! idk wth is going on but i have been having the worst luck lately! I am feeling somewhat less delirious this morning, and at least my fever broke during the night, so lets hope all the meds they gave me work, and that the nicotine cravings subside quickly, since i suppose im going to try to quit now since i cannot smoke while im coughing bits of my lungs out lol!

6. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

+1 on quitting, that stuff will kill you a slow and painful death!!!

7. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Very sorry about your clam RQ :( yet on a wonderful note-it may be hard to believe NOW but your going to love being smoke free!! I just passed my 9th year after having smoked for 33yrs. Don't give up!!

8. Click Here!

9. Reef Queen

Thank you, and congrats! i have only been smoking about 6-7 years now but i have been tossing around quitting for he past few months...guess i just needed something life threatening to actually make me start lol...its been 2 days now since i have smoked, and i want to kill everyone in sight, but the fact that i can hardly move is keeping everyone in a 200 yard radius alive lol.but if i quit and put what i normally would spend on smokes everyday aside and keep it locked in my safe, i would have about $1800 after a year...which means i will be $1800 closer to getting that monster tank that has been haunting my dreams lol...now if only i could get my fiance to quit...he smokes almost 2 packs a day and his cigs are almost $7 a pack!!! thats over $5 grand a year on him alone!!!! Aw dude if i could get him to quit also...1,000g tank here i come hahaha!

10. Reef Queen

bahahahahahahaha i just seen this, idk how i missed this but your last little comment made me laugh really hard...which in turn made me start coughing really hard...now i cant breath but it was totally worth it hahahahahahaha