Clam going pale

Discussion in 'Clams' started by devlzluv, Jul 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

lol there 54w not 36w, i was saying its 36inchs long, Im gonna leave him in the mid area, he only started getting pale after the many falls, when he was first in he opened up immediatley and was a nice color. If by this friday no improvement ill move him up about another 5 inchs closer to the top. I also just feed the tank some phyto and will also feed some the tank some snow tonite. I really really hope its just crazy stressed from getting bulldozed numerous times!

2. Click Here!

3. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

Heres some pics

First FTS to show were clammy is in the tank
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second, close up of him to show the color
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

Well fed him last night still no change

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

What size bulbs are they? I've kept a crocea with 4x54w T5 bulbs for about 1.5 years. I now have 6x54w T5 and it's colored up nicer. My point was that in and of itself, 4x39w isn't too bad, but on a 65, it's not a lot. I still think it's a combination of the stress from falling and now enough light.

What was the clam under when you got it?

6. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

LED from clams on demand, I moved him up higher now. If this doesnt work over the next 3 days then ima give him to a local member to care for. Right now its up in the 1/4 top of the tank and the lights are right over him. Hopefully he will come around now since hes up higher. Ima keep a close eye on him and keep checking his reflexs over the next couple of days.

7. Max Chiarella

Max Chiarella Bristle Worm

My clam lost a lot of color i think it was from my salinity but i moved tanks and color is back to normal. Same 150W metal halide in both tanks

8. Click Here!

9. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

ya im dropping ph back down to 1.024 from the 1.028-1.029, idk how it got that high

10. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

well after a stressful time hes 100% back to normal, got his deep blue back and is doing great, had a perfect rock for him to attach to and if needed I can move him around on it. All in all patience and careful watching and feeding hes doing much better. Lol no more falling off the cliff for him (knocks on wood)

11. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Topping off with saltwater.

12. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

nah just rodi water, idk why it kept climbing, but could have been when i told wife to add water she may have but clammy is kicking butt and taken names now.