Circulation Pump Help

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Heather Carver, Nov 10, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Heather Carver

Heather Carver Astrea Snail

Three days ago I purchased an aqueon circulation pump 1250 for my 75 gallon tank. I have been struggling trying to find the best place to put it. It seems like no matter where I place it, some one in the tank isn't happy. Any suggestions on good places to put it?

2. Click Here!

3. Jim Bonds

Jim Bonds Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Do you have any pics of your tank so we can see what you are working with?

4. Jim Bonds

Jim Bonds Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Do you have any pics of your tank so we can see what you are working with?

5. Heather Carver

Heather Carver Astrea Snail

Here's a picture :)

Attached Files:

6. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

put the powerhead (another name for circulation pump ;) ) through the top on the back of the tank. same way you have just on the back. Angle it kinda towards the other corner slightly down that way the water surges through the middle of the tank and will put some current to your rocks as well. theirs no right way to mount a powerhead in your tank as you'll see some people constantly move theirs around the tank all the time. My advise would be to get yourself a second powerhead. anything 4ft should have 2 powerheads that way an equal amount of current is going through your tank and you won't have any dead spots where waste and algea can build up.