Chillers

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Pescador, Sep 1, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pescador

Pescador Plankton

Im settin up a 90 gal in the tropics. Man its hot here!! Any one have recomendations for efficient chillers. i_am_in_hell

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

hey pescador -

i have never owned a chiller but I have always heard good things about these brands: CSL, Aqua Logic and Aquanetics. I don't think you can go wrong with one of those.

Check out these fans too:
    http://www.marine-monsters.com/front/products/ma-fan.html

Tropics, eh? Where are you at?
    Want to start a live rock farm? ;D
    - I am not kidding!! :thumbsup1:

4. Pescador

Pescador Plankton

Puerto Rico. This Island is mostly rock. The local stuff is what im gona use since im 2 blocks from the beach. I dont know the Regs on Harvesting shippin etc But it has crossed my mind.There are lots of kool critters here too. Their all little guys. The locals Fish it pretty unscrupulessly (for Food), and there is little if no enforcement.:{

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Puerto Rico! oh_yeah

2 blocks! That's great...

What size tank do you have? A while back I saw requirements for the size of chillers and tank sizes...

6. Pescador

Pescador Plankton

:'(Not built yet
    But im Plannin on 4'x2'x18"tall. :thumbsup2: bout 90 gal
    Im gathering stuff, Readin, and plannin. Ive got a Fluval 403, a sump tank, and other misc stuff a friend gave me. Im lookin at an old tunz skimmer ( saw one that looks simmilar on their web sight for 225,10 euro i think thats about $230?) That site u gave me had some kool chillers. ;)
    http://www.marine-monsters.com/front/products/chiller.html

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

A 90? Cool. I was calling somebody about a 90 the other day - they wanted $150 and that was with a stand! It was sold already though. :(

Yeah that site has a lot of cool stuff. Those chillers are pretty new, I haven't heard much about them, but I like that micro one!