Chill out!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by reefnJeff, May 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

I use the largest double zip lock bags, I freeze them over night, a mega cube ! !! I also make my own frozen food blocks

2. Click Here!

3. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

Will I made my diy chiller and got my pump in the mail today, ran my test in the sink and this was the results, water temp going in 96f, water return 80f, thats a drop of 16 degrees, that was with half a tray of ice cubes and filled with water to make sure the entire hose was under water in the cooler, the feed is slow like around 2 gal an hour, but it should be enough to help my temp going up so much at night.

Attached Files:

4. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Hmm, I have two Aqua Lifters laying around. Maybe if you have success with your DIY maybe I'll follow. Sometimes it would be nice to have the widows open now and then when it's above 80f.

5. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Do what I did, and buy a $99 5k BTU window ac unit. My tank temp never goes higher than my controller allows (81.1 degrees)

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Do you have a "closed line" or is the Aqua Lifter pulling cold water out of the cooler?

Not sure if that makes any sense?